Here at KITES AND BITES, we protect the privacy of all our customers and visitors to our website www.kitesandbites.com.
When you visit the site we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
KITES AND BITES collects information from you when:
- You purchase any of our items
- You submit an enquiry as interest for one of our products
- You use the service ASK A STYLIST
- You join our Members list
- You subscribe to our newsletter
- You enter any competition that we sponsor
- You engage with us on social media
KITES AND BITES may use the information in one or more of the following ways:
- To fulfil any order placed through the website ((including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations)
- To screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- To respond via supplied contact details regarding your enquiry
- To send periodic emails about our products, blog post, discounts, sales or other news
- To always improve our website based on the info and feedback we receive from you
- To personalise your experience
- To administer any of our competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you e.h. updates to this Privacy Notice
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. Such trusted parties may have access to personally identifiable information on a need-to-know basis and will be contractually obliged to keep your information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- We use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use Google Analytics & Hotjar to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Email subscriptions: Data sent to our third-party data processors MailChimp and Privy is secure and adheres to GDPR regulation.
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the most care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we regularly update our passwords to ensure maximum security.
KITES AND BITES, International House, 64 Nile Street, London, N1 7SR, England.
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
This policy was last modified on March 4th, 2022.